Monday, October 20, 2008

day twenty-five


For most things people buy, you get a user's manual or some sort of documentation or warranty card for the item, whether it be electronics, or a George Foreman grill, or whatever. I try to keep all of these, but I haven't cleaned house in that department in a while, so this was due. So I went through what I had, removed what I no longer owned, and organized what was left.
I've always been somewhat enamored by the notion of picking up and just going and moving whenever it hits you, but mostly in my mind, not so much in real life. I'm definitely not as free as say, the guy from "Into the Wild", but it's always been interesting to me to not be tied to anyone or anything or anyplace; I think it's one of those back-to-basics / back-to-nature things which I think are important for people to do from time to time, to keep perspective on what is and is not important. I guess though that I find it more satisfying to have music stuff and other things that make me happy surrounding me than I find the notion of moving around all the time. I don't know how close I am to the idea of having so few worldly possessions that I could just up and move at any time with little to no preparation, but it's definitely closer.

No comments: