Thursday, October 23, 2008

day twenty-eight


I'm getting closer to the finish line and am actually starting to run out of things to get rid of. This is a little catch-all organizer that was supposed to just be used for personal items like cuff links, watches, wallets, that kind of thing. However, it has ensnared much more than that. However out of all this stuff, this was all I ended up throwing away: Not a lot really, although there are some interesting things, like the old OS for my drum machine (top right, looks like a computer chip), some oddly named lip balm (chicken poop??), some stamps that I have held on to forever, and will likely never use, as well as some random plastic pieces that I've kept because I thought that if I ever found what they came from, I would reattach them. I have never found where they came from, but now I know where they're going.
A lot of the stuff from this organizer got moved to different places (usually where similar stuff is), the rest got organized (I finally have all my spare buttons in one place), and now the organizer is close to what its original intention might have been. One nice offshoot of this project is that things that are alike are now getting their own space...games have their storage space, manuals have their area, CD's, etc., they are all coalescing into (small) piles where hopefully all I'll have to do is think of a type of thing I need, and I will be able to go straight to it.
I ran out of space on my camera, but when I clear some out, I'll take a picture of what it looks like now. It's a big improvement.
See, it looks better

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your blog motivates me to clear the clutter. I saw that blog about 100 things but I looked in my house and saw 100 things in my family room. So, your challenge is more doable. Thanks for posting.