Monday, October 13, 2008

day seventeen


I found a box today that had in it, among other things, a bunch of books, so I used it as an opportunity to go through my old books and get rid of the ones I don't want or need anymore. For example, I doubt I will ever need to have a book that tells me how to use Solaris 2 or Flash MX. You might be asking, why is he throwing away a bible? I don't remember how I even got it, but the inside cover says it was a gift from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm not a Mormon, and I have another bible anyways. The Zen book came from an extended family member, and I swear, that is one useless book. I could never get into it, and it was sent as a gift. This is another one of those items that I should've have gotten rid of long ago, I just never did. And of course, I don't really need the Chicago tour guides...not so much. I've been here long enough, I don't need a tour guide book anymore. The red book in the upper right is a book that I've had since college, it was just laying around somewhere at college and I ended up with it. The book is so bad, the library threw it in their 'discarded' pile. If even a library won't keep a book, it's probably a bad book. The ESP and You book actually has something interesting to say about ESP if I remember right...basically the main thing I got out of that book was the ESP can be achieved, that it is mostly a state of mind, and that through relaxation and breathing techniques, and that if two people both do this, that there can be some ESP-type communications between them. Which to me, seems almost believable. Here's hoping someone will get something out of these books.

No comments: