Sunday, October 5, 2008

day fourteen


Another outdated technology. Storage has gotten so cheap, and so compact, that storing things on removable disks doesn't seem a very good way to do things anymore. This drive was given to me by a friend, and at the time it was useful, because I needed to get some data off old disks, but I haven't used this in forever. I still use ZIP 250's in one of my music machines, but I have two of those already, so this seems pretty obsolete. In its time, it was pretty good, but now, I can get 64GB on a pen drive. It makes 100MB seem pretty small.
There's a couple of other things (pictured below) that I will take to the recycling center as well, but I'm going to try to sell them on eBay first. If they don't sell, no big whoop, I'll take 'em to get recycled. If they do, then hopefully someone will make good use of them. But whatever the outcome, they are getting out of here.

No comments: