Wednesday, October 1, 2008

day nine


What says "throw me away" this holiday season better than cassette tapes? Some of the tapes were mix tapes that were in such bad shape that I doubt my piddly little tape player would play them. Most of the tapes are from a tape grab a store was having down the street. They were going out of business and were selling them 10 for a dollar. I just got everything that I thought might be remotely listenable. There are still some tapes I want to transfer, but I weeded the herd out a good bit. I mean, what's the point hanging on to tapes? The quality is just going to degrade, plus, nothing that I spend time in has a tape player anyway, and I have most of them on cd or on disk. The one thing that I liked about tapes was making your own mix, and you could throw them around in your car and they'd be fine. Please feel free to have a laugh at my expense when you see what some of the tapes are. :)

No comments: