Thursday, October 2, 2008

day ten


I have had this box of papers since graduating college. And it's heavy! There were notebooks and folders from at least 10 separate classes which I had been keeping, I guess, to go back to at some point and review my notes, but really, was that ever going to happen? In my defense, when I went through all these papers last night, there was still some things that I decided not to throw away, like some photocopied articles, some of my better papers from college, that kind of stuff, but it sure felt good to throw those things away. As you can tell by the pictures, the paper stack was a good foot and a half, two feet tall. That's a lot of papers.
I think that, at least now, there hasn't been any pain as relates to throwing out any of this crap, it's all been cathartic. Each time has been mostly a feeling of, "wow, less to deal with, awesome!" I wonder if I will get to the point where I don't really want to throw stuff away? I'm one-third of the way in, so we'll see as this project gets closer to the finish line.


No comments: