Sunday, October 5, 2008

day thirteen


First of all, who uses VCR's anymore, right? (I do actually, I have another one attached to my tv and I use it to pick up and sometimes record tv channels over the air.) I'm kind of a late adopter when it comes to new gadgets, especially if the gadget I currently have works fine. I didn't get a DVD player until three years ago, and even now I hardly watch DVD's. I guess the reason is I don't watch that many movies at home, I have enough distractions to let myself start watching movies regularly. This VCR was given to me by an ex-girlfriend's dad, and I tried not to take it, but he insisted. I thought maybe I could use it to dub VCR tapes, but I don't think I've ever done that. I'm putting this into the stack that's going to a recycling center. I think one reason I haven't wanted to throw some of this stuff away, especially electronics, and especially if they still work, is that I don't think this kind of thing should end up in a landfill. Ideally, I could give it to someone would want to use it, but it's not worth the trouble of finding them. So off to the recycling center it will go.

No comments: