Friday, October 3, 2008

day eleven



Wow, I have a lot of crap. In today's haul, we have a town house box top, the eyepiece for a microscope, some papers from first year at Millsaps, and some mardi gras beads. What is baffling to me is why I would hang on to this stuff for so long. I guess the answer is that I didn't really mean to keep this stuff, I just never decided to throw it away. And I don't see it much of the time, so as they say, out of sight, out of mind.
All this stuff came from a footlocker that my parents gave me a long time ago. Footlockers don't seem to be a terribly great way to store stuff, or a very good piece of furniture, but I guess they do well enough in both to warrant this one sticking around. (That was my Andy Rooney impression, did you pick up on that??) I have to give it props for its longevity, though. I'm going to go put it on notice -- it had better do something great in the next two weeks to keep it from getting the axe!

No comments: