Friday, September 26, 2008

day 1-2

The reason I'm creating this blog is to track my plan of getting rid of something every day for 30 days. The hope is to get rid of junk, to quit putting off projects that I have delayed for too long, and to just generally use this as a way to arrive at a more uncluttered life. Right now, I haven't given myself any stipulations, so the first day or two I've been throwing away stuff I should have thrown away long ago. The first day, it was just a couple of empty boxes that were lying around the house. Yesterday it was an old bike seat and brake, along with some junk on my dresser. Today, who knows? I guess I should try to make the process harder, like saying throwing out trash doesn't count, or for example if I throw out an item of clothing, I need to throw out a whole group of similar clothing. For example, throwing away one bobby pin or whatever won't do anything, but at the same time I don't want to throw away everything. Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

1 comment:

The Wabbit said...

This is actually a brilliant idea!