Friday, September 26, 2008

day four


OK, so technically I did both of these on Thursday night, because I missed Wednesday night's throw away session. I decided to go through some storage boxes that have old clothes/bedding in them and have another good old trash session. This time it was a bunch of old sweaters and shirts that I hope to never see again, much less wear, in addition to a duvet cover and an old blanket. And yes, that is a iron scorch mark on the gray blanket. About 5 years ago I left an iron on in my bed, and it did this to my blanket, going all the way through to my mattress. I just couldn't bring myself to throw it out though; I mean, it's still warm in the wintertime right? Plus it was a scorch mark, it didn't burn a hole in the blanket. I didn't take them to good will, I didn't see much value in them, although I do have some clothes that I won't wear again, but that are too nice to just throw away, so those are much more viable candidates for charity.
So far so good, however, as this is only day four, I'm a little concerned about about what I'm going to be throwing away in 10 days, much less 25. I'm not taking the easy way out though and throwing away tiny little insignificant things, and trying to make each session a real attempt to eliminate unnecessary things from life.

No comments: