Sunday, September 28, 2008

day five


I've been wanting to get rid of this thing for awhile now, it's going to goodwill. It's a tenor banjo, which I haven't seen many of, and the top string breaks over and over, so this was an easy call. The only thing is, it was my dad's, mom had bought it for him many many years ago and he'd never really learned it. Probably because it is awful to play with the string breaking going on. But anyway, I guess I had kind of been looking at it as a kid and thought it would be cool to have. My parents up and decide to give it to me one year as a graduation gift or something. I can't remember, maybe it was a birthday. But it always kind of bothered me a little, because they just gave me something that had been laying underneath their bed for 20 years to me as a gift. Kinda seems like regifting to me, of the very very late kind. I love my parents, I guess they're just cheap.

No comments: